Thursday, April 14, 2011

Home Made God Mandap.

 God's Mandap.
Steps for Constructing Mandap:

While making the mandap I did not take any photos, so I do not have much of the photos.
On request on have noted some steps below, if any help or doubt please post comments so that I can reply for the same. Thanks.

1. Get the required materials - 
     Aluminum wall beeding, Nuts & bolts, Hard card board, Golden paper, silver paper, bells, thermocol balls, thermocal rectangular cut pieces, Golden glitter powder, golden craft thread, golden color border's(from dollar store), glue, golden glitter glue.
You can find the below Aluminum wall beeding in Home Depot store.
2. Cut the aluminum wall beeding to construct and rectangular box frame of the desired size you wish to make the mandap.I made of the rectangular box  frame of 36W X 28H X 15D (inches). Join the frame using nuts & bolt. From the base about the height of 9 inches (for some space for drawers) make the base for placing the Gods by joining the beedings

3. Cut the card board with the desired design you want for the mandap for the 4sides of the mandap and the gopuram. And also cut the cardboard for making the drawers. Glue the golden paper for the outside of the mandap and silver paper for the inside of the mandap.

4. Glue the finished cardboard to the frame to make the mandap and its gopuram.
5. Glue the thermocol balls & thermocal rectangular cut pieces with the golden glitter glue and spray some golder glitter powder on it to give it nice finish. With the golden paper make the cones to keep them on the thermocol balls. Place the balls on required places as shown in the mandap photo.
6. Use the golden border to place it on the four sides of the gopuram as required.
7. Make the holes on three sides( front, and 2 sides) of the base gopuram each at certain fixed distance. Pull the golden thread within that and place a bell within it before pulling it into next hole.
8. Use the golden thread to make the handles for the drawers. Place the drawers within the base of the mandap, may be use some round marbles below the drawers to give it the smooth flow.
9. Decorate the mandap as desired.
10. You can make a hole withing the gopuram to fix light fixture.

40 comments:

  1. hi
    i liked ur mandap

    can u please upload some photos how did u made it and the procedure
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u please post how did u made it

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all Thanks Madhu for visitng my blog and liking the Gods Mandap made by me.
    Secondly sorry for delay in reply.
    Sorry to say that I have not taken any photos while making this Gods Mandap. To explain in briefly I have used thick cardboard to make the walls and base of the Mandap and some thin aluminium L shaped wedges to build the core rectangular like structure. For round shapes on top of the Mandap I used thermocol balls and spread golden glitter to color them, on top of them are paper made cones.
    Let me know for more information or email me so that I can explain more.
    Once again thank you for visiting my blog. Keep visiting. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi
    thanks for ur reply

    one request
    can u please draw and show how u did that and what are aluminium wedges where we can find them and the gold color paper where u got it
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madhu, give some time I will give you more details. I brought the gokd paper ib craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madhu, give some time I will give you more details. I brought the gokd paper ib craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    there
    i am waiting for ur reply with instructions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there
    Can u pls tell where did u buy that craft paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Madhu, Since I am staying in US I brought this gold paper in Micheal's store. You can search for this kind of paper in any crafts store. I am still preparing the images and steps for you on how to make this mandap. since I am on vacation need more time on this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    There
    Sorry to bother u I just wanted to make nice mandap for my god so just curious
    I also live in us I searched here in miachels I am not able to find it
    Can u pls tell what we should ask for
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am more them happy in helping you in making this mandap. But I am not sure what to ask for in store for this paper. I searched the store and found this. Try checking in Wall Decor section. And FYI the aluminium beads I brought from Home Depot. The L shape aluminum beads and holes in it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. is it self adhesive paper or roll and in above pic which one is aluminium beads

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is not self adhesive, it is normal paper roll. Aluminium beads are used to build the basic rectangular frame which is the core of the mandap. I will send the pics of that later. To this frame I have stick the cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    Where do u live in us becos nearmy house in miachels am notable to find it which section exactly u got it if u can tell and if u have this paper u can upload photo how it looks I can show and find out
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to bother u sir
    Again
    Just last one ifound some thing like it but it says foil the one which used is foil or paper and how much does it costed to you
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    There sir
    U dint give the procedure yet
    I am waiting for ur response
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    Therecan u pls give the instructions soon
    I am waiting to build my mandap

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi can u tell the paper is gift wraping paper I am not able to find it which section did u buy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello sir if u can do me a favojr can u buy for me and mail to my address I can send u money by cheque

    ReplyDelete
  20. Give me time until this sunday for me to post you all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Madhu, I did post the steps, let me know if you need any more info...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much
    It will help me lot to construct my own mandap
    Only oone thing how made for drawers
    And I am not able to find any bold paper near my place
    Where do u live.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Upon request Home depot guys will cut the Aluminium beeds and give based on our dimensions. About the gold paper I don't see anything online. I got this paper in my local store Jacksonville Florida. I didn't get your question about drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I mean how did u attach the drawers

    ReplyDelete
  26. One more request did ubought paper during holiday season and for how much

    ReplyDelete
  27. One more question how did u attach rectangular frame around gopuram

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thebone to which u attached bells

    ReplyDelete
  29. Drawers are not attached, they slide on marbles below.
    I brought the paper during normal period.
    I attached gopuram using glue.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi
    There sorry to bother u again
    Actually isearched for that paper every shop but not able to fing is it kind of jellery wrapping paper or gift wrapping how much does it costed u


    Please guide me
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. I found it on Michael's only and during normal day's. It costed me less the $10 I guess. Not sure since I brought it 2 years back.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is very useful, although it will be important to help simply click that web page link: dishoom edinburgh breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks !.
    office wall organiser

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually. the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best. with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews. than by all means come in and check our stuff. New Gutter Installation company

    ReplyDelete
  35. the entirety has its value. thanks for sharing this informative citation when us. accurate works! ceramic cookware reviews

    ReplyDelete
  36. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. dịch vụ sửa nhà

    ReplyDelete
  37. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it..! General Contractor Maryland

    ReplyDelete